Friday 30 January 2015

Return of the Serpent Guard - Golden Demon Entry 2014 - PART 2

Hi all,

Continuing with the documentation of my 2014 Golden Demon entry I will now go through the next stage of the process.

To begin with I undercoated the display base with black primer. I then applied a light coat of white primer from directly above.


The rock was undercoated with dark brown. Once dried I applied a wash of brown ink with purple ink in the deep recesses.


Next I dry brushed the rock with the same brown that I used in the base coat.




With the gate installed the assembly was too top heavy so I hollowed out the base and filled with various different packs of clay that I had about the house. I then bonded the plinth to the turned wooden base.


Here I am beginning to paint the steps and walls. I begin by applying a base colour with Llyanden yellow on the steps and ceramite white for the walls.


I then covered it heavily with a flesh wash.  Once dried it was dry brushed with the base colour.


I then went back over the stone and walls with the previous colours where the dry brushing had bled over.







A view from the back of the warp gate. I added additional Serpent Guard icons to each of the portions of the gate along with the obligatory spikes. 


Here I am beginning to add weathering which I applied with a sponge using a mix of 90/10 black to brown.


I then applied a wash of brown ink to the weathered areas.




Coming up next I'll document the creation of the actual miniatures that will be mounted upon the display.

More to come,

Rumplemaster

No comments:

Post a Comment