Tuesday 24 May 2011

Serpent Guard Possessed Marines W.I.P

Hi all,

Here is a quick update on what I've been working on this week. After basing my Slaanesh Chaos Warrior unit I moved my attention back to my Serpent Guard army.

I'm reading 'First Heretic' by Aaron Dembski-Bowden at the moment, which is fast becoming my favorite novel in the Horus Heresy series. As it is all about the Word Bearers I'm inspired nightly to pick up my paint brushes and get busy painting. I especially love the cover art which has inspired me to add a unit of possessed marines to my force. With strength 5, 4+ invulnerable save (with mark of Tzeentch) and a random special ability they are fast becoming a fearsome force to contend with on the battle field! Even those pesky toughness 8 Eldar wraithlords (which used to be my Achilles heel) quake in their boots when a unit of ten possessed jump out of a rhino and charge into combat. They're even better when you roll rending / power weapons on the special ability table.

Here are some photos of the unit in its current state:










All shading and highlighting has been applied to the red armour. Next I'll move onto the flesh and then the armour trim. Once all that is finished the fun begins and I can start applying the weathering and battle damage. This is where the real pleasure for me can be found as the miniatures really start to pop!

More to come,

Rumplemaster

1 comment:

  1. Wow those is some disturbing looking trait- erm Chaos devotees you got there.

    ReplyDelete