Friday 14 January 2011

Finished Terminators

I finally managed to finish painting my successor chapter terminators last night. It's taken over a month to convert, sculpt and paint but I'm really happy with the end results.

Here is my favorite member of the squad. Originally these terminators were going to bear the mark of Nurgle for my Death Guard army but I couldn't resist incorporating them into my new successor chapter.  Can you blame me?  Click on any of the photos for a larger version:


Here was my pitiful attempt to duplicate the amazing work of Todd Swanson. I failed obviously, but I still believe it's a fine miniature.

I wanted this squad member to hold a dynamic pose, blasting the followers of the false Emperor. Did I pull it off?  


Here is another power-scythe wielding terminator. As stated before these were going to be Death Guard models, hence the scythe but I think it still looks okay? Maybe I'll replace with a halberd in the future?
And finally I have the remaining member of the squad. I wanted to pose him so that it seemed as if he was about to take aim with his combi melta.



Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated.

Thanks for viewing,

Rumplemaster

2 comments:

  1. They look really good, though I must say I'm more a fan of the bases. :o They're one of thos ethings I'm not sure how to do, in a literal sense. How do you attatch a miniature to a base like that? Or is it secretly just cork and you pinned the model to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I think I replied to this same question on my mybattalion page but I'll respond here also. The bases are made from plasticard and putty which I files down. The miniatures are attached via pins in the feet which simply use friction to hold them in place. This way I can swap out the bases when / if I use them in my successor chapter? I hope this helps?

    ReplyDelete